A Fall Favourite!
Enjoy the smell of warm cinnamon apple crisp baking in the oven!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
6 cups fresh golden delicious apples, peeled and cut into big pieces. (See below)
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp white sugar
1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Old Fashioned Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of cold dairy-free butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Peel and cut 6 cups of apples into pieces.
3) Place apples in a bowl and cover with cinnamon and sugar.
4) Grease a 9x9 glass baking dish. Pour apples into the glass baking dish and set aside.
5) In a large mixing bowl or stand-blender add gluten-free oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and vegan butter (I have used Earth Balance Original Spread and Becel Vegan Butter). Use a fork or blend mixture until crumbly.
6) Spread crumble over apples.
7) Bake for about 35-45 minutes, until apples are soft when pierced with a fork and crumble is browning.
Some apples take longer to bake then other ones.