Enjoy the smell of warm cinnamon apple crisp heating in the oven!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
5 cups McIntosh apples, peeled and cut into big pieces.
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tbsp white sugar
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup of cold Earth Balance butter
2 tbsp Bob's Red Mill White Rice Flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Peel and cut 5 cups of apples into pieces.
3) Place apples in a bowl and cover with cinnamon and sugar.
4) Grease a 9x13 glass baking dish. Pour apples into the glass baking dish and set aside.
5) In a large mixing bowl or stand-blender add gluten-free oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, gluten-free flour and vegan butter (I used Earth Balance Original Spread). Use a fork or blend mixture until crumbly.
6) Spread crumble over apples.
7) Bake for 45 minutes, until apples are soft when pierced with a fork and crumble is browning.
Honeycrisp Apples- best eaten fresh. Crisp and sweet.
Gala Apples- great eaten fresh but .
McIntosh Apples- Great for apple crisp, pies and sauces because they soften. also good eaten fresh. Mildly tart flavor.
Jonagold Apples- Great for cooking or eating fresh.
Northern Spy Apples- These crisp and firm apples are excellent for pies and baking.
Red Delicious Apples- These firm, sweet apples are best when eaten fresh or in salads, not for cooking.
Spartan Apples- These are great for pie filling or when eaten fresh.
Fuji Apples- Best when eaten fresh.
Golden Delicious Apples- These firm juicy apples are great in pies because they keep their shape. They are also good in apple sauce.
Empire Apples- These apples are tart, sweet, juicy and firm. They make a great snack or in apple sauce.
Crispin Apples- These have a tart to sweet taste that are good eaten fresh, baked in pies or in apple sauce.
Cortland Apples- This is a mild tasting apple with a crisp texture. Good eaten fresh or baked in pies. These apples don't turn brown when cut so they are nice on a fruit tray or salad.
Ambrosia Apples- These apples are crispy and juicy with a low-acid flavour. These are best eaten fresh.
Idared Apples- Ideal for baking or eating fresh. Keeps its tart flavor when baked.