Cinnamon, sugar apples served in a flaky pie crust!
Warm homemade pies that are gluten and dairy-free so that everyone can enjoy the holidays!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 1 pie
8 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp vegan butter
1 1/2 tbsp white rice flour
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
Buy a ready-made gluten & dairy-free crust or try my homemade pie crust recipe. Pie Crust Recipe
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
1) Peel, core and slice enough apples to fill pie crust, about 8 apples. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle lemon juice over apples and stir. In this recipe I used golden delicious apples.
2) To make the apple filling begin by melting vegan butter in a small sauce pan, whisk in white rice flour, then add water, brown sugar and white sugar. Let simmer for a couple minutes then add cinnamon. Pour sauce over sliced apples and stir.
3) Fill pie crust with apple pie filling.
4) Place the top crust over apples and pinch around the edge. In a small bowl, whisk a whole egg. Brush the egg lightly over the top of the pie crust. Use a fork and make a couple holes in the top of the crust.
5) Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 45 more minutes. Bake until apples are tender and the crust is golden.
The amount of time it takes to bake the pie will depend on the apples you are using. In this recipe I used Golden Delicious.
Once the pie is baked let it sit for an hour.