A Nice Afternoon Treat!
Just Like Mom's Banana Bread
My Mom is a great baker and would often have banana bread baking in the oven after school. There is nothing better than the smell of warm homemade banana bread!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 1 loaf or 12 muffins
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg (or 1 flax egg)
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or light brown sugar
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour*
1/2 cup Almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl add all ingredients and mix until moist.
3) Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or line 12 muffin cups.
4) Bake loaf for 45 minutes and muffins for 14 minutes.
5) Store in a covered container at room temperature.
*Tip: Alternative flour options:
1 1/2 cups of quinoa flour. Quinoa flour is a heartier flour.
1 1/2 cups of white or brown rice flour work well in this recipe.
1 cup of all-purpose gluten-free flour and 1/2 cup almond flour.
1 1/2 cups of Bob's Red Mill 1:1.
To make a flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flaxseed with 3 tbsp of hot water, let sit for a minute