A Sweet & Flavourful Side Dish
This is such a nice spin on Brussel sprouts. The sauce and the carrots give it a nice sweet flavour.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1-2 tbsp olive oil
4 cups Brussel sprouts, fresh (or frozen)
3 strips gluten-free bacon, pieces
3 medium carrots grated
1 medium onion, chopped
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
Dash of sea salt and pepper
1/2 cup dairy-free cheese, grated (optional)
1) Wash and cut Brussel sprouts in half. Boil Brussel sprouts for 3-5 minutes until tender.
2) In a large frying pan, cook 3 pieces of bacon on medium heat. Cut into pieces.
3) In a large frying pan add olive oil, Brussel sprouts, grated carrots, onions. Let cook for 5 minutes, on medium heat.
4) In a small dish mix honey and Dijon mustard. Stir sauce into Brussel Sprouts with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Once the Brussel sprouts are browning add in the cooked bacon.
5) Once cooked, sprinkle cheese on top. Serve hot.