Quick & Easy Recipe!
This yummy burrito recipe has loads of protein, sauteed vegetables and flavourful Mexican spices!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
6 large burritos
2 piece of chicken, cooked and chopped
1 cup of dried rice with 1 1/2 cup water
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
19oz can of black beans
12 oz can corn
4 mushrooms, chopped (optional)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp paprika
Dash of sea salt
4 gluten-free wraps
3/4 cup dairy-free shredded cheese
Salsa for dipping (optional)
Vegan sour cream for dipping (optional)
2 ripe avocado
Juice of 1 lime
4 tbsp olive oil
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cook chicken and cut into pieces.
3. Bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil then add 1 cup of dried rice. I used basmati rice but use whatever kind you have.
4. Wash, cut and saute onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Then add cooked chicken, black beans and corn. Squeeze the juice of a lime in the mixture.
5. Add cumin, chilli powder, paprika, salt and pepper to the mixture. Cook on low, letting all the ingredients warm and cook together.
6. Then prepare the avocado dressing and put it in a small resealable bag.
7. Place 6 large gluten-free wraps on the counter. Divide rice along the middle of the wraps. Then divide the vegetable and protein mixture. (It might not all fit in the burritos)
8. Cut the corner of the bag and drizzle avocado dressing on each of the wraps.
9. Top with shredded dairy-free cheese.
10. Fold the bottom of the wrap than the sides. Place on a panini grill or lightly sprayed frying pan to toast the wrap. Then place in the oven for 10 minutes to melt the cheese and warm the burritos.
11. Serve burritos with salsa and vegan sour cream or more avocado dressing.
Serve warm! So delicious!!