Butternut Squash Soup
Full of flavour and absolutely delicious!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1 tbsp vegan butter
1 onion, chopped
1-2 cloves of garlic (minced or chopped small)
900 ml cups of vegetable broth (or chicken)
6 cups of butternut squash, cubbed
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8-1/4 ground pepper ( I prefer a 1/4 tsp of pepper but it is a bit spicy, use less for a plainer soup)
1) In a large pot over medium-low heat, sauté the onions and garlic in 1 tbsp of vegan butter. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until the onions are becoming translucent.
2) Add broth to sauteed onions and bring to a boil, on medium-high heat.
3) Once the broth is boiling, add chopped squash, cinnamon, and pepper.
Cook for 20-30 minutes on medium-low heat, until squash is tender.
4) Pour soup into blender and blend until soup is smooth and creamy.
5) Pour soup into a serving dish and enjoy!!