Cauliflower wings are sure to impress!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4+ Servings or 15+ pieces
1 cup gluten-free flour
1 cup gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs
3 eggs, beaten
1 small head of cauliflower
Sea salt and pepper (optional)
Easy Maple Cauliflower Wing Sauce:
1/3 cup dairy free butter
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp sea salt
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3) Wash cauliflower and cut into florets. Just leaving enough steam to hold while dipping.
4) You will need three bowls.
5) Put one cup of gluten-free flour in the first bowl.
In the second bowl, beat three eggs.
In the third bowl add one cup of gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs.
Set the bowls in this order.
6) Prepare each cauliflower wing individually. Dredge the cauliflower floret in the flour. Move the cauliflower around in the flour until the floret is well coated.
7) Holding each floret by the stem or using tongs, dip it into the egg and then into the Panko breadcrumbs. Make sure the cauliflower is fully covered with breadcrumbs. Cut off the stem, if you want.
8) Place coated cauliflower on lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper, optional.
9) Bake cauliflower in the oven for about 15 minutes. Then take them out of the oven and cover them in wing sauce.
10) While cauliflower is cooking in the oven, start making the wing sauce.
On medium heat melt dairy free butter in a small sauce pan, then add maple syrup, pepper and sea salt into the pot. Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and let the sauce sit for a minute so it can thicken.
11) Remove cauliflower from the oven and coat each floret with sauce. Put florets back onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 more minutes. Keep checking on them and turn half way through as the maple syrup can easily burn. If your oven is really hot you may want to turn it down to 355 degrees near the end of cooking. Cook until cauliflower is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.