So moist and delicious!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 muffins or 1 carrot cake (makes 18 square pieces)
3 cups carrots, grated
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
4 eggs or 4 tbsp ground flax seed with 8 tbsp of hot water (let sit for a minute)
2 tps gluten free vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
1 cup coconut palm sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
A dash sea salt
1 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer add all the wet ingredients, mix well. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients then add them to the wet.
3) Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish to make carrot cake or a loaf pan or a muffin pan.
4) Fill muffins cups or cake pan.
5) Bake muffins for about 14 minutes, or cake for 30 minutes, until cooked in the centre when pierced with a fork.
6) Store in covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.
You can put icing on top if you wish.