A healthy easy to make and enjoy!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Cauliflower Rice Bowl
4-6 whole carrots, washed
1/2 red and yellow pepper, sliced
2 chicken breasts, cut into small pieces*
1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
2 cups fresh cauliflower (or 1 cup cooked basmati rice)
1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 avocado, cut into pieces
Cucumber slices cut in half
Homemade Dairy-Free Tzatziki
1/2 cup coconut sour cream alternative*
1 tbsp fresh dill
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup cucumber, diced, not peeled
Sprinkle of pepper
1 tsp olive oil
1) Mix ingredients for Tzatziki and place in the fridge for an hour in a sealed container.
2) On a parchment-lined baking sheet broil sliced red and yellow peppers for 5 minutes and whole carrots for 10 minutes. Remove from oven once tender and browning. Cut carrots into circles or matchsticks.
3) In a frying pan add 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil and on medium heat cook chicken.
4) For the cauliflower rice place 2 cups of fresh cauliflower in food processor. Pulse a couple times until cauliflower is the consistency of rice.
5) Next add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional) into a frying pan. On medium-heat cook cauliflower for about 5-10 minutes until tender.
6) Cut avocado and cucumber.
7) Using 4 bowls or plates divide carrots, peppers, chicken, cauliflower rice, avocado and cucumbers. Top with Tzatziki. Mix Tzatziki into the cauliflower rice bowl, for a creamy, flavourful dish.
*Tip: Omit the chicken for a vegetarian meal.