Serve as a cold salad or warm pasta dish!
Please modify recipes
to work for your diet.
Chicken & Bacon Pasta
Deliciously creamy pasta without the cream!
This crowd-pleasing dish is great to bring to a potluck, family dinner or work gathering!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
2 chicken breasts
8 pieces of gluten-free bacon
1 cup of quartered grape or cherry tomatoes
1 1/2 cups of baby spinach, chopped
1 cup sweet peas (drained)
1/3 cup green onion or chives chopped
1/2 cup vegan mayo
160ml can coconut milk
1/2 freshly squeezed lemon
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 tbsp sugar cane
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper lay strips of bacon on the sheet and cover with another sheet of parchment paper. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes then flip and cook another 8-10 minutes.
2) Put the chicken in a baking dish and put it in the oven at the same time as the bacon. It should take about 20-30 minutes. Faster if you cut it in strips.
3) Once bacon and chicken are fully cooked cut them into pieces.
4) Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil for pasta. Boil for 7 minutes.
5) Prepare vegetables.
6) In a large mixing bowl add cooked chicken and bacon, tomatoes, spinach, peas, green onion.
7) In a blender add dressing ingredients and blend until creamy.
8) Add cooked pasta and dressing to the mixture in bowl.
Serve as a warm pasta dish or cold salad at a potluck! This dish is great the next day for leftovers!
Replace chicken and bacon with Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders or organic chickpeas.
Tip: Place a strainer over a cup and squeeze the juice of a half a lemon through the strainer and into the cup. The strainer will catch any seeds.