Grilled Chicken, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes & Broccoli Salad
Summertime meal ideas the family will love!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
2- 4 chicken breast grilled and sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried rosemary, ground
Dash of sea salt and pepper
1) In a small mixing bowl add olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. (My kids prefer when dried rosemary is ground, just put rosemary in a small spice blender and grind.
2) Rub oil mixture on raw chicken.
3) BBQ for around 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
4) Slice chicken.
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes:
1.5 lbs. fingerling potatoes, cut lengthwise
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1/8 tsp dried garlic powder or 1 clove fresh minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste (Himalayan salt* if possible)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Let olive oil, parsley, and garlic sit in a small dish while you prepare the potatoes.
3) Wash and cut potatoes lengthwise. Toss potatoes in the oil mixture and spread them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4) Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flip after 15 minutes. Potatoes should be ready and tender after 30 minutes.
Dairy-Free Broccoli Salad:
1 head of fresh broccoli, cut bite-size
1/2 red onion, chopped
4-6 strips of cooked bacon (optional)
1/3 cup of golden raisins (optional)
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup of vegan mayo
2 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp white vinegar
1) In a small mixing bowl add vegan mayo, sugar and vinegar, mix.
2) In a medium bowl mix onion, bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, then pour in the dressing. Add broccoli.
Store in the fridge and serve cold.
Tip: *Himalayan Salt contains 84 minerals and trace elements, 6 of the electrolytes, and is minimally processed. It is said to be the purest salt.
Compared to Table Salt that is chemically processed and bleached.