Simple breaded parmesan chicken smothered in tomato and dairy-free cheese!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 chicken cutlets
3/4 cup gluten-free flour*
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup of dairy-free parmesan cheese*
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fresh basil, thinly sliced (optional)
Crushed organic tomatoes (I use Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Crushed Tomatoes)
Grated dairy-free mozzarella cheese*
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3) You will need three bowls.
4) Put gluten-free flour in the first bowl.
In the second bowl, beat two eggs.
In the third bowl add one cup of gluten-free panko breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
Set the bowls in this order.
5) Dredge each piece of chicken in flour, then eggs then breadcrumb/parmesan mixture. Making sure each piece of chicken is well covered.
6) Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large frying pan and add breaded chicken. Cook each side for about 3 minutes, browning each side.
7) On a lined baking sheet add the chicken. Scoop 2 tbsp of crushed tomato over each piece of chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of freshly sliced basil over each piece. Then top with dairy-free mozzarella cheese.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees until fully cooked.
- You can use white rice flour or gluten-free flour blend, I have also used Cassava flour, when avoiding rice.
- I use Earth Island Grated Parmesan Cheese
- I use Violife Mozzarella Style Shreds for this recipe.