Cinnamon Swirl Banana Loaf
A nice twist on banana bread!
Keep a loaf ready in the freezer for when company drops in!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 1 loaf
2 cups Bob Mill's 1:1 Baking Flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Sea salt, to taste (I used a pinch)
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil (or melted room temperature coconut oil)
1 flax egg (1 tbsp milled flax with 2 tbsp hot water)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2/3 cup canned full fat coconut milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil (or fractionated coconut oil)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a loaf with parchment paper.
3) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
4) Mix wet ingredients and slowly add to dry ingredients. Once mixed, scrape contents into lined loaf pan.
5) Mix cinnamon topping in a small saucepan. On low heat, melt coconut oil or use fractionated coconut oil, cinnamon and sugar. Top with the cinnamon topping. Use a knife and draw a swirl in the cinnamon topping.
6) Bake for 45-50 minutes.