Crispy appetizing coconut shrimp!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
10 large shrimp, defrosted and fully cooked
1/2 cup gluten-free white rice flour
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3) You will need three bowls, for dipping.
4) Put gluten-free flour in the first bowl.
In the second bowl, beat egg.
In the third bowl add gluten-free panko breadcrumbs with shredded coconut.
Set the bowls in this order.
5) Prepare each shrimp individually. Dredge the shrimp in the flour. Move the shrimp around the flour until the whole thing is well coated.
6) Then dip it into the egg and then into the panko breadcrumbs/coconut.
7) Place coated shrimp on lined cookie sheet.
8) Bake shrimp in the oven for 7 minutes, turn shrimp over.
9) Once the shrimp is baked it is ready to eat. If you want crispy coconut shrimp, melt 1 tsp of coconut oil in a small frying pan, fry shrimp for 30 seconds on each side.
Serve with shrimp sauce or on their own, keep warm!