Creamy Rose Pasta Sauce
Fresh Basil and herbs in a cream sauce!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
2 chicken breasts
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
Dash of pepper and Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 tbsp potato starch
400ml of canned coconut milk
1 cup of diced canned tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
3 cups of fresh spinach
1 package gluten-free pasta
Optional: For a little heat garnish with crushed red pepper.
1) Bake or fry two chicken breasts or chicken alternative. Then cut cooked chicken into strips.
2) In a large frying pan, add coconut oil, and the onions, and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute then season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
3) Then, pour chicken broth (or vegetable broth) into the onion mixture. Once the broth is heated, about a minute, slowly whisk in the potato starch.
4) Stir in canned coconut milk, let the sauce thicken for a minute.
5) Next, lightly mash the diced canned tomatoes and add to the sauce.
6) Stir in the fresh basil and spinach.
7) Meanwhile, in a medium-sized pot bring water to a boil for pasta. Add pasta to water with a drop of olive oil and boil for 7 minutes.
8) Once the sauce and noodles are ready, divide the noodles and pour the sauce on top! Sprinkle crushed red pepper on top, if you wish, and serve warm.
Ready in less than 30 minutes.
Make the chicken ahead of time and freeze it in individual containers or baggies.
If you can buy a large package of chicken, enough for a week or two. Then bake the plain chicken in the oven. Once it is cool, freeze it.