Loads of Chocolate!
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
Muffins that turn out fluffy and moist every time!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 muffins or 1 loaf
Muffin Cook Time: 14 minutes
Loaf Cook Time: 45 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup vegan butter or margarine
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 egg or 1 tbsp ground flax seed with 2 tbsp of hot water (let sit for a minute)
1 tps gluten free vanilla
1 cup gluten free flour blend
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup carob powder or cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips (sprinkle on top)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer add all the wet ingredients, mix well. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients then add them to the wet.
3) Grease a loaf pan or a muffin pan.
4) Fill muffins cups or loaf pan. Sprinkle dairy free chocolate chips evenly on top of each muffin or on loaf.
5) Bake muffins for about 14 minutes, or loaf for 45 minutes, until cooked in the centre when pierced with a fork.
6) Store in covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.