Just what the doctor ordered!
Chicken Noodle Soup
For those days when you are feeling under the weather!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 4 servings
7 cups of broth (Your choice of bone broth, chicken or vegetable broth)
1 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, grated
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1-2 pieces of cooked shredded chicken
1 onion, chopped
Black pepper to taste
1 cup of uncooked gluten-free fusilli noodles
1) Cook chicken on the stove or in the oven. Once cooked shred the chicken and set aside. Or use leftover chicken.
2) In a large pot, bring broth to a boil. Add celery and carrots, reduce heat and let simmer. Add basil and oregano.
3) Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, sauté onions on low for 5 minutes or until onions have softened. Add the onions to the broth.
4) Next add cooked chicken to the soup and let the soup continue to simmer.
5) Boil noodles for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cool water. Add noodles to the broth.
Ready in 30 minutes.
-I like to add Chicken Protein Powder Bone Broth. It is very good for healing the gut.
In this recipe, I have used 3 cups of organic bone broth and 4 cups of organic vegetable broth or chicken broth.