Just what the doctor ordered!
Chicken Noodle Soup
For those days when you are feeling under the weather!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 4 servings
7 cups of broth (Your choice of bone broth, chicken or vegetable broth)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, grated
3/4 tsp dried basil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1-2 pieces of cooked shredded chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 cup of uncooked gluten free fusilli noodles
dash of pepper
1) Cook chicken on the stove or in the oven. Once cooked shred the chicken and set aside.
2) In a large pot, bring broth to a boil. Add celery and carrots, reduce heat and let simmer. Add basil and oregano.
3) Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, sauté onions on low for 5 minutes or until onions have softened. Add the onions to the broth.
4) Next add cooked chicken to soup and let soup continue to simmer.
5) Boil noodles for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse in cool water. Add noodles to broth.
Ready in 30 minutes.
-I try to use Chicken Protein Powder Bone Broth, as it is suppose to be very good for healing the gut.
In this recipe I used 3 cups of organic bone broth and 4 cups of organic vegetable broth, but use what you have.