Just what the doctor ordered!
Chicken Noodle Soup
For those days when you are feeling under the weather!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 4 servings
7 cups of broth (Your choice of bone broth, chicken or vegetable broth)
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1 cup carrots, grated
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1-2 pieces of cooked shredded chicken
1 onion, chopped
1 cup of uncooked gluten-free fusilli noodles
Dash of pepper
1) Cook chicken on the stove or in the oven. Once cooked shred the chicken and set aside. Or use leftover chicken.
2) In a large pot, bring broth to a boil. Add celery and carrots, reduce heat and let simmer. Add basil and oregano.
3) Meanwhile, in a small frying pan, sauté onions on low for 5 minutes or until onions have softened. Add the onions to the broth.
4) Next add cooked chicken to the soup and let the soup continue to simmer.
5) Boil noodles for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cool water. Add noodles to the broth.
Ready in 30 minutes.
-I try to use Chicken Protein Powder Bone Broth, as often as I can. It is supposed to be very good for healing the gut.
In this recipe, I used 3 cups of organic bone broth and 4 cups of organic vegetable broth, but use what you have.