These are just heavenly!
Fudgy Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cupcakes
This triple chocolate cake is so moist and delicious!
Here is a great recipe for big celebrations! Chocolate cupcakes with a fudgy center topped with a vanilla icing swirl.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
15 large cupcakes
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
(I used 1/2 cup kinnikinnick Pancake and Waffle Mix and 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1to1 Gluten-Free Flour)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Dash of Himalayan salt
1 cup of canned coconut milk
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs*)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix for one minute. Add chocolate chunks and mix.
3. Grease or line 15 muffin cups.
4. Bake cupcakes in the oven for approximately 17-18 minutes.
5. Let cupcakes cool.
Ingredients for Fudgy Center:
6 tbsp premium canned coconut milk
1 tbsp Becel Vegan butter
3 tbsp white sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened gluten-free cocoa
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chips
In a small pot, add all of the ingredients to make the fudgy center. Keep on low heat and stir often until everything has fully melted. Set aside and let it firm up.
1) Once cupcakes have cooled use an apple corer to remove the middle of the cupcake. Make sure not to go all the way to the bottom of the cupcake.
2) Using a small spoon pour fudge into the center of the cupcake.
At this point, you want to use either homemade or store-bought vanilla and chocolate icing.
Creamy Vanilla Icing Ingredients:
4 tbsp Becel vegan butter
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla
2 1/4 cups Icing sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk or dairy-free milk of your choice.
1. Blend vegan butter until smooth, then add vanilla, and slowly add icing sugar. Then blend in coconut milk.
2. Keep blending until the icing is smooth and creamy.
Creamy Chocolate Icing Ingredients:
4 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cup Icing sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
4 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1. Blend vegan butter until smooth, then add icing sugar and cocoa powder and blend.
2. Next blend in the coconut milk and vanilla.
3. Blend using a hand mixer until the icing is smooth and creamy.
To make an ice cream swirl with your icing use the Wilton 1M tip (makes a larger swirl) or 2D tip (makes a small swirl):
Fill a piping bag with icing. Hold your fitted piping bag straight up. Then about an inch away from the center squeeze the icing in the middle creating the center swirl. Then bring the swirl around to the outside of the cupcake and back around to the middle. Building the icing up like ice cream!