Loaded Baked Potatoes
These loaded baked potatoes are fantastic with chives and bacon!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 Loaded baked potatoes
4 russet potatoes, washed and dried
Salt and pepper (I prefer Himalayan salt)
4-6 pieces of gluten-free bacon
12 fresh chives
2 tsp of vegan butter and/or 4 tsp vegan Sour Cream (optional)
Vegan cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wash and dry potatoes. Rub olive oil and salt and pepper all over potatoes. Pierce with a fork a couple of times. Place on a parchment-lined baking dish.
3) Bake for about 60 minutes, until potatoes are fully cooked.
4) While potatoes are cooking, cook bacon in the oven on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Keep checking on it. The bacon should be cooked in about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side. Chop bacon into pieces, once it's cooked to the desired crispiness.
5) Chop up the chives.
6) Once the potatoes are cooked and have cooled for a few minutes, cut lengthwise and slightly open each of the potatoes. Place a tsp of vegan sour cream and/or 1/2 tsp vegan butter in the potato. Divide and sprinkle the bacon and chives on each potato. You can also top with grated vegan cheddar cheese.