Morning Glory Muffins
These muffins are full of great taste and texture!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins
2 cups carrots, grated
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
3 eggs or 3 tbsp ground flaxseed with 6 tbsp of hot water (let sit for a minute)
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1 apple, peeling and cut into tiny pieces
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/3 cup raisins
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour blend (I used 1 cup brown rice flour and 1/2 cup pancake mix)
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
A dash sea salt
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer add all the wet ingredients, mix well. In a separate bowl mix, all the dry ingredients then add them to the wet.
3) Using a lined muffin pan, fill muffin cups.
4) Bake large muffins for about 18-20 minutes, or mini muffins for 10 minutes, or until cooked in the centre when pierced with a fork.
5) Store in a covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.