Gluten & Dairy Free Cooking!
This is a quick and easy vegetarian dinner that is so flavourful!
This is a great dish to bring to a family dinner!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 4-6 Portions
Quick & Easy!
1 1/2 cups raw basmati rice or cauliflower rice*
2 onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
4 cups mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or vegetarian alternative
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
5 tbsp full fat coconut milk
Option: Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped green onion or chives
1) Prepare rice (or cauliflower rice) and set aside.
2) Sauté onions in oil or vegan butter for 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and paprika and cook on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes.
3) Add Worcestershire sauce and vegetable broth, bring to a boil. Let the sauce thicken and boil for about 5 minutes. Then let the sauce simmer a few minutes to allow it to thicken. Add in coconut milk.
4) Serve sauce on cooked rice or on cauliflower rice.
Ready in less then 30 minutes.
So much flavour!
How to make *Cauliflower Rice
1 small head cauliflower, raw
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Ingredients for sauce:
2 tbsp low-sodium gluten-free tamari or soy sauce, or coconut aminos
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp pepper
1) Cut cauliflower into pieces. Using a food processor pulse cauliflower until it is crumbly. Be careful not to over blend as it will become mushy.
2) In a large frying pan, on medium heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3) Add cauliflower to onions and continue to stir fry.
4) In a small dish mix together the sauce and pour over the cauliflower mixture. Cook for about 5-10 more minutes, until onions and cauliflower are tender.