Nuts & Bolts
This is a family recipe re-done to be gluten and dairy-free! This treat is a holiday tradition but would be a great snack for a group!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Serves a group! Fun and easy to make!
1 cup of gluten-free pretzels, broken
1 cup of Rice Chex
1 cup of salted peanuts
1 cup of Whole O's (Nature's Path)
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/4 cup salad oil
1 tsp garlic salt or sea salt
Shot of gluten-free Worcestershire
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan on low heat, add vegan butter, salad oil, garlic salt and Worcestershire. Stir until the butter has melted.
3. In a large bowl add broken pretzels, Rice Chex, peanuts, and Whole O's. Then pour melted butter mixture over the cereal mix.
4. Pour seasoned cereal mix on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, stirring often. Keep sampling until the Nuts & Bolts crisp.
Let cool and keep in a sealed container in the fridge.