Chocolate & Oats
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a delicious treat in your lunch! Freeze and have them ready for the week!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
About 18 cookies
1/2 cup vegan butter (I used Earth Balance Original Buttery Spread)
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 cup Bob's Red Mill 1:1 gluten-free flour
2 cups gluten-free old fashion oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1/4 cup organic raisins (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer mix together the butter and coconut palm sugar. Then add the egg, vanilla, and apple sauce. Slowly pour in the gluten-free flour and oats and baking powder. Once the dough is mixed, toss in the chocolate chips!
3) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4) Using a tablespoon, scoop cookies onto the lined cookie sheet. Keep cookies apart. Press each cookie down with a fork, before putting the tray in the oven.
5) Bake for 12 minutes.
6) Store in a covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.