Memories are created around the dinner table!
Please modify recipes
to work for your diet.
Pesto Chicken Sweet Potatoes
This is one of our absolute favourite meals! Its a great recipe for teens to make for the family!
This comfort food is so delicious, healthy and has so much flavour!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 medium to large sweet potatoes
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 cups of fresh basil
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts (omit if you are on a nut-free diet)
1/2 cups olive oil
2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice
2 heaping TBSP nutritional yeast
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
2. Wash sweet potatoes and wrap each potato in foil.
3. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes.
4. Fry or bake chicken until cooked, then shred.
5. Meanwhile put pesto ingredients into the blender (Basil, nuts or seeds, oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper) and blend until pesto is smooth.
6. Pour pesto over the shredded chicken making sure the chicken is completely covered.
7. Slice baked sweet potatoes the long way slightly opening, you can put a little vegan butter on top of the potatoes. Then put the chicken pesto mixture on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until warm.
Makes 4 servings