Memories are created around the dinner table!
Please modify recipes
to work for your diet.
Pesto Chicken Stuffed Yams
This is one of our absolute favourite meals! Its a great recipe for teens to make for the family!
This recipe is so delicious and has so much flavour!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 medium to large sweet potatoes
2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 cups of fresh basil
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts (omit if you are on a nut-free diet)
1/2 cups olive oil
2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice
2 heaping TBSP nutritional yeast
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Wash sweet potatoes and wrap each potato in foil.
3. Bake in the oven for 40-60 minutes.
4. Fry or bake chicken until cooked, then shred.
5. Meanwhile put pesto ingredients into the blender (Basil, nuts or seeds, oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper) and blend until pesto is smooth.
6. Pour pesto over the shredded chicken making sure the chicken is completely covered.
7. Slice baked sweet potatoes the long way slightly opening then put the chicken mixture on top.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes until warm.
Makes 4 servings