Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich
Tender grilled steak with sauteed vegetables and melted cheese!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp vegan butter
1 cup red pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 strip loin steak, finely sliced
Grind sea salt over steak
4 gluten-free hotdog buns
3/4 cup dairy-free shredded cheese
1/4 cup vegan mayo
1/8 cup of bbq sauce (I used Kraft Original BBQ Sauce)
1. Preheat BBQ on high heat, preparing to BBQ the steak. Remove steak from the fridge and let sit covered at room temperature, for 15 minutes. Put the steak on the grill and cook for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 5 minutes, depending on how you like your steak cooked. Remove the steak from the BBQ and let it sit for 5 minutes before finely slicing.
2. In a large frying pan add olive oil and butter. Saute sliced red pepper, sliced onion and mushrooms, on medium heat. Once they start to brown, reduce the heat to low.
3. To make the dressing use a small bowl and mix vegan mayo and BBQ sauce.
4. Butter and warm 4 gluten-free hotdog buns in the oven. Remove from the oven, add dressing, sliced steak, grilled vegetables, then sprinkle with vegan cheese.
5. Broil this open-faced sandwich for about 2 minutes.
Serve warm! These sandwiches are so delicious and flavourful. An absolute family favourite meal!