CINNAMON SWIRL BANANA BREAD
A nice twist on banana bread! A great treat when you have company coming over.
Makes 1 loaf
2 cups white rice flour and 1/4 tsp xanthan gum or Bob Mill 1:1 Gluten-Free Flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of sea salt
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or sugar)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup fractionated coconut oil (or melted room temperature coconut oil) or melted vegan butter.
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs*)
2/3 cup canned full fat coconut milk
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 cup white sugar
2 tbsp melted coconut oil (or fractionated coconut oil) or vegan butter
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a loaf with parchment paper.
3) Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
4) Mix wet ingredients and slowly add to dry ingredients. Once mixed, scrape contents into a lined loaf pan.
5) Mix cinnamon topping in a small saucepan. On low heat, melt coconut oil or use fractionated coconut oil, cinnamon, and sugar. Top with the cinnamon topping. Use a knife and draw a swirl in the cinnamon topping.
6) Bake for 45-50 minutes.
*Flax Egg: 1 tbsp milled flax with 2-3 tbsp hot water, let sit for a minute.