Yummy pub food! Your family will enjoy the delicious taste of bacon, onion and cheese!
~ Gluten and Dairy Free ~
6 small russet potatoes (organic if possible)
6 pieces of gluten-free bacon, cooked
3 green onions or chives, chopped
1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
-1 avocado chopped,use as a garnish
-Salsa on the side
-Shredded chicken with BBQ sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Wash potatoes and rub olive oil and salt on the skin. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes on 400 degrees. You can wrap them in foil or place on a baking pan. Let cool.
3. Once potatoes have cooled cut them lengthwise and scoop out some of the flesh. Make sure to keep the sides at least a 1/4 inch thick.
4. Brush more olive oil, on the inside and outside of each potato.
5. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place a baking rack inside a metal baking pan. Place the potatoes cut side down, on the rack. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until potatoes start to become crispy.
6. Fill potato skins with vegan cheese, bacon and green onion. Broil for 5 minutes. Garnish with a piece of avocado, if you wish.