Savoury Egg Dish
Quiche is a light and fluffy egg dish that is often served at baby showers and potlucks. This is a favourite with little ones!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 tarts or 1 large quiche (cut in 6 slices)
1/4 cup of coconut milk (or your choice)
1 tbsp veganaise
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Pepper as desired
1/2 tsp dried basil
Gluten-Free pie crust (Or crust-less option)
Broccoli and Cheese Quiche:
1 cup broccoli, lightly boiled
1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/3 cup red peppers, finely chopped
1/3 cup onions, chopped small
Saute vegetables for 5 minutes before adding to the egg mixture.
1/2 cup cooked ham, cubed or 5 slices of deli ham cut into pieces
1/2 cup yellow onion, sauteed
1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs for a couple of minutes.
3. Add in milk, veganaise, grated cheese and nutritional yeast. Add in your toppings. If it is for a shower or party you could do a couple of different types of quiche.
4. Use a homemade or store-bought gluten-free pie crust or tart shells. For crustless quiche, line muffin pan with muffin cups.
5. Fill crust 2/3 full with egg mixture. Sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top. Put pie or tarts on a baking sheet before putting in the oven, to avoid spills.
6. Bake tarts for about 20 minutes and pie for about 40 minutes or until the egg is firm when you stick a fork in it.
Serve warm or cold.
Pairs nicely with a salad.
This meal is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!