Quiche is a light and fluffy egg dish that is often served at baby showers and potlucks. This is a favourite with little ones!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 tarts or 6-8 slices
1/4 cup of coconut milk (or your choice)
1 tbsp veganaise
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
Pepper as desired
Gluten-Free pie crust (Or crust-less option)
1 1/2 cups boiled broccoli
1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions
1/2 cup cooked ham or 5 slices of deli ham cut into pieces and 1/2 cup onion
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Beat eggs with a whisk for a couple of minutes
3. Add in milk, veganaise, grated cheese and nutritional yeast. Add in your toppings of choice. If it is for a shower or party you could do a couple of different types of quiche.
4. Use a homemade or store-bought gluten-free pie crust or tart shells. For crustless quiche, line muffin pan with muffin cups.
5. Fill crust 2/3 full with egg mixture. You can sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top if you want. Put pie or tarts on a baking sheet in case it spills.
6. Bake tarts for 20 minutes and pie for 40 minutes or until the egg is firm when you stick a fork in it.
Serve warm or cold.
Pairs nicely with a salad.