These quinoa veggie bites are an excellent side dish or afternoon protein snack!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Quinoa Veggie Bites
Makes about 24 bites
1/2 cup of dry quinoa
1 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
2 cups mushrooms, chopped small
2 medium onion, chopped small
1/2 red pepper (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup pecans, lightly blended or chopped
1/3 cup gluten-free oats
Dash of gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce
1 tbsp gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 tsp dried marjoram
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup vegan cheese
Garnish with a sprinkle of vegan cheese and avocado (optional).
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line mini muffin pan with mini muffin cups.
3) Bring 1 cup of vegetable broth to a boil, add quinoa and let simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, keep covered for 10 minutes.
4) In a frying pan add mushroom, onion, red pepper and olive oil. Saute until tender.
5) Put pecans in a small cup blender and blend or chop small.
6) Next, add the cooked quinoa, mushrooms, onion, pecans, oats, egg, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, marjoram, oregano and vegan cheese to a large bowl. Mix until combined. Scoop into prepared mini muffin cups.
These can also be made into a veggie burger and served on a gluten-free bun.
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Garnish with a sprinkle of vegan cheese and avocado before serving
Serve warm. These are great to make ahead for lunches or afternoon snacks.
Keep in the fridge or freezer.