melt-in-your-mouth, delicious cookies!
Sugar Cookies & Creamy Vanilla Icing
Simple and delicious! Sweet perfection!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
3 cups gluten-free flour
(I used 1 cup of Kinnikinnick GF Pancake and Waffle Mix and 2 cups white rice flour)
1 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder (unless in flour)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2) Blend butter, shortening and sugar in a bowl. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Then flour, xanthan gum, baking soda and powder. Add a sprinkle more flour if the dough seems sticky. Set dough in the fridge for a couple of minutes.
3) Using a tablespoon scoop 1-inch dough balls or use a cookie dough scoop. Do not flatten dough balls. The cookie sheet needs to be room temperature. If it is hot the cookies will go flat.
Optional: Put a couple of sprinkles on the dough before putting them in the oven.
This recipe didn't work well for shaped cookies because the cookies expanded and flattened.
4) Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
Once cookies have cooled to room temperature decorate with icing and sprinkles.
Creamy Vanilla Icing
Makes about 1 cup
4 tbsp Becel vegan butter
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla
2 1/4 cups Icing sugar
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk or dairy-free milk of your choice.
1. Blend vegan butter until smooth, then add vanilla, and slowly add icing sugar. Then blend in coconut milk.
2. Keep blending until the icing is smooth and creamy.
Keep in a sealed container, in the fridge.