Quick and Easy Meal Idea!
Sushi Roll Up
Make your own sushi! This is a fun dinner idea for the family!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1 cup dry white rice
1 cup vegetable broth and 1/2 cup water
1 avocado, sliced
6 Sushi Nori (Roasted Seaweed sheets)
Filling option #1
1 cup or 2 carrots, grated and raw
1 cup cucumber, grated and raw
Filling option #2
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 cup carrots, chopped
4 Crabmeat sticks (optional)
1/2 cup vegan mayo
2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari
1) Bring 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup vegetable broth to a boil. Rice one cup of rice and add to boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes, uncovered. Once it is cooked, divide rice onto 4 plates.
2) Boil cubed sweet potato and cut carrots. Mash them once they are cooked. Divide onto 4 plates.
3) Cut Sushi sheets into strips or buy snack-size strips. Divide onto 4 plates.
4) Slice avocado and divide onto 4 plates.
5) To make the sauce, use a small mixing bowl and mix mayo and soy sauce. Divide on to each plate.
6) Have fun!! This is a family favourite!