Quick and Easy Meal Idea!
Make your own sushi! This is a fun dinner idea for the family!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1 cup dry white rice
1 cup vegetable broth and 1/2 cup water
1 avocado, sliced
6 large Sushi Nori (Roasted Seaweed sheets) or buy snack-size strips
Filling option #1
1 cup or 2 carrots, grated and raw
1 cup cucumber, grated and raw
Filling option #2
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 cup carrots, chopped
4 Crabmeat sticks
Chicken breast, cut into pieces
1/2 cup vegan mayo
2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari
1) Bring 1/2 cup of water and 1 cup vegetable broth to a boil. Measure one cup of rice and add to boiling water. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes, uncovered. Once it is cooked, divide rice onto 4 plates.
2) Option #1- Grate carrots and cucumber, divide onto each plate.
Optional #2 - Boil cubed sweet potato and chopped carrots in salted water for about 15-20 minutes. Mash them once they are fully cooked. Divide onto 4 plates.
3) Cut Sushi sheets into strips or buy snack-size strips. Divide onto 4 plates.
4) Slice avocado and divide onto 4 plates.
5) To make the sauce, use a small mixing bowl and mix vegan mayo and gluten-free soy sauce. Divide on to each plate.
Everyone prepares their own Sushi Roll-Ups by adding a little bit of everything into the seaweed paper, roll it and enjoy! Eat as you go, keep it very informal! This is a fun family favourite recipe!
Ready in about 30 minutes!