Simple Homemade Crust
Sweet Potato Crusted Pizza
This is a super easy crust to make, and it is full of nutrition!
Serve with your favourite glass of wine!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 4 individual pizza's
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 cups gluten-free oats (Old Fashion Oats)
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups of vegan mozzarella cheese
Choose your Sauce:
2 cups of fresh basil
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts (omit if you are on a nut-free diet)
1/2 cups olive oil
2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Dash of salt and pepper
Put pesto ingredients in a blender (Basil, nuts or seeds, oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper)
Choose your protein:
1 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
4 pieces of bacon
Choose your vegetables:
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
1 red or green pepper sliced
1 onion sliced
1/2 tomato, diced or 8 grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
Avocado, sliced (optional garnish)
1. Wash and cube 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes.
2. Steam potatoes for 20 minutes.
3. Put steamed potatoes in a bowl and mash.
4. Add 2 cups of oat flour to the mashed potatoes.
5. Mix with a spoon then form into a ball.
6. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using the dough, form a pizza crust about a 1/4 inch thick.
7. Bake 15 minutes or until browning.
8. Add pizza sauce of your choice.
9. Place chopped vegetables into a bowl. Season with 2 tsp of Italian seasoning, and 2 tbsp olive oil.
10. Put the mixture on your pizza.
11. Sprinkle with shredded vegan mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake 10 minutes on 400 degrees.
Makes 4 servings.