Cooking Vegetarian Dressing for the holidays!
Traditional Holiday Dressing
Stuffing is a holiday tradition in our family! This is a great recipe for people who have missed the flavours of thyme and sage in this holiday dish!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 8 portions
Total cook time: 65 Minutes
1 loaf white gluten bread
2 tbsp olive oil
Dash of sea salt
2 tbsp vegan butter
1 cup of celery, chopped
1 cup onion, chopped
2 tsp ground dried thyme
1 tsp ground dried sage
1/4 tsp ground dried rosemary
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1) The night before or the day of, dry out your gluten-free bread by placing it on a cookie sheet. Do not cover bread, let it dry out.
2) Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
3) Cut gluten-free bread into cubes. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with oil. In a bowl drizzle olive oil and some salt on the cubed bread. Divide bread into the two pans. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked put in a bowl and set aside.
4) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
5) Put the vegan butter, celery, and onion into a frying pan. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
6) Add seasonings and vegetable broth to vegetables. Bring to a boil then remove from the heat and pour over cubed bread. Whisk one egg and mix into bread mixture.
7) Grease a glass 9x13 baking dish, and pour dressing into the dish. Cover with tin foil and cook on 375 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove the tin foil, stir and let cook another 10 minutes, allowing the top to crisp.