Veggie Pesto Pizza
Pesto makes a nice alternative to tomato sauce!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 large slices, enough for a family of 4-6
2 medium gluten-free pizza crusts
1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 mushroom, chopped
2 cups of grated dairy-free cheese
2 cups of fresh basil
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds, walnuts, or pine nuts (omit if you are on a nut-free diet)
1/2 cups olive oil
2 TBSP of fresh lemon juice
2 heaping TBSP nutritional yeast
Dash of salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Put pesto ingredients in a blender (Basil, nuts or seeds, oil, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper)
3. Spread pesto on a gluten-free crust.
4. Add your vegetables and dairy-free cheese.
5. Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.