Warm Spinach Dip
This warm cheesy spinach dip serves nicely with tortilla chips.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 appetizer portions
1 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup onions, chopped small
1/2 package (150g) of frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
1/4 cup canned coconut milk (not light)
2 tbsp dairy-free cream cheese
Dash of gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 cup dairy-free shredded cheese, mozzarella or cheddar or both.
2 tbsp water chestnuts, chopped
Dash of black pepper
Garnish with a sprinkle of shredded mozzarella cheese
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a small ceramic baking dish.
2) Add olive oil, garlic and onion to a frying pan. Cook on low heat for a couple of minutes until onions are translucent.
3) Meanwhile, defrost frozen spinach in a bowl of hot water or in the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes and drain.
4) Add spinach to the frying pan with onions and garlic. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
5) Add coconut milk, dairy-free cream cheese, Worcestershire Sauce, water chestnuts, and shredded dairy-free cheese. Mix together and put into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle black pepper and more shredded cheese on top.
6) Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes then broil for 1-2 minutes.
7) Enjoy this dip with your favourite gluten-free tortilla chips!