This is definitely a favourite dinner idea for the whole family but especially the vegetarian in our family!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 Servings or 16 meatballs
3 small zucchini's, grated with skin on.
1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
1 cup gluten-free Panko bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup dairy-free cheese, grated
Optional Homemade Tomato Sauce:
796ml can of organic diced tomatoes
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
A sprinkle of vegan cheese (optional)
1 package of gluten-free pasta
1) Pre-heat oven to 375-degrees.
2) In a large bowl add grated zucchini, gluten-free Panko bread crumbs, egg, freshly chopped basil, dairy-free cheese and mix together.
3) Divide the mixture into 16 equal balls. Then place formed balls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4) Bake for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini balls are browning.
5) While the zucchini balls are in the oven, prepare the tomato sauce. Saute garlic and onions in oil. Then add canned tomatoes, fresh chopped basil and Italian seasoning. Let simmer.
6) Prepare gluten-free pasta or zucchini noodles.
7) Place noodles on a plate, top with a little bit of tomato sauce and place four zucchini balls on top. Sprinkle vegan cheese.
Serve warm! Enjoy!
Quick and easy to make!