This is definitely a favourite dinner idea for the whole family but especially the vegetarian in our family!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
4 Servings or 16 meatballs
3 small zucchini's, grated with skin on.
1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/3 cup dairy free cheese, grated
Cooking spray (I use coconut or olive oil cooking spray)
1 jar of gluten/dairy free spaghetti sauce
1 package of gluten free pasta
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) In a large lightly sprayed frying pan, add grated zucchini and salt and pepper. Cook on medium to high heat until water evaporates, about 6-8 minutes.
3) Remove zucchini from heat, place in a colander to remove an extra water.
4) Then empty zucchini into a bowl, adding gluten free Panko crumbs, egg, freshly chopped basil, dairy free cheese and mix ingredients together.
5) Divide mixture into 16 equal balls. Then place formed balls onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Lightly spray zucchini balls with cooking oil.
5) Bake for about 20 minutes or until the zucchini balls are browning.
6) While the zucchini balls are in the oven, warm spaghetti sauce in a small sauce pan.
7) Prepare gluten free pasta or zucchini noodles.
8) place noodles on plate, top with a little bit of spaghetti sauce and place four zucchini balls on top.
Serve warm! Enjoy!
Quick and easy to make, with not many ingredients!