Zucchini Crumble Muffins
These are the best zucchini muffins you will ever try!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
12 muffins or 1 loaf
Ingredients for muffins:
1 cup zucchini, grated with skin on
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 eggs or 2 flax-eggs (2 tbsp ground flaxseed with 4 tbsp of hot water, let sit for a minute)
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1 cup gluten-free flour blend
1/2 cup of Kinnikinnick pancake mix
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Ingredients for the crumble:
1 cup gluten-free oats
2 1/2 tbsp gluten-free flour blend
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter or dairy-free margarine
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer add all the wet ingredients, mix well. In a separate bowl mix, all the dry ingredients then add them to the wet. Once mixed add the chocolate chips.
Tip: After you grate your zucchini put it in a paper towel or a clean cloth and lightly wring out the extra water.
3) Set muffin batter aside and make the crumble. I used my stand mixer, as it is great for cutting the cold butter and mixing everything together. But if you don't have one just use a fork.
4) Line muffin pan with muffin cups or loaf pan with parchment paper.
5) Fill muffins cups halfway, leaving enough room for the crumble. Then divide crumble to each of the muffins. Or if making a loaf empty batter into a loaf pan and add crumble to the top.
6) Bake muffins for about 20 minutes and loaf for 40-45 minutes.
7) Store in a covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.