Zucchini Crumble Muffins
These are the best zucchini muffins you will ever try!
Gluten & Dairy Free
12 muffins or 1 loaf
Ingredients for muffins:
1 cup zucchini, grated
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tbsp ground flax seed with 3 tbsp of hot water (let sit for a minute)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tbsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend
(I used 1 cup of Kinnikinnick pancake mix and 1/2 cup of Bob's 1:1 flour)
1 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
Ingredients for the crumble:
1 cup gluten-free oats
2 1/2 tbsp gluten-free flour blend
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter or dairy-free margarine
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large bowl or in a stand mixer add all the wet ingredients, mix well. In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients then add them to the wet. Once mixed add the chocolate chips.
Tip: After you grate your zucchini put it in a paper towel or a clean cloth and lightly wring out the extra water.
3) Set muffin batter aside and make the crumble. I used my stand mixer, as it is great for cutting the cold butter and mixing everything together. But if you don't have one just use a fork.
4) Line muffin pan with muffin cups.
5) Fill muffins cups half way, leaving enough room for the crumble.
6) Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven and add the crumble on top of each muffin.
7) Bake for about 17 more minutes, or until muffins are cooked in the centre when pierced with a fork.
8) Store in covered container at room temperature or you can freeze them.