Baked Vegetarian Taquitos
Seasoned black beans, onions and peppers with salsa wrapped in a corn tortilla! So many wonderful flavours.
Fun appetizer for game night!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 9 small Taquitos
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, chopped small
Dash of pepper and Himalayan Salt
1/2 cup canned organic black beans, rinsed
1/2 cup red bell peppers, chopped small
1/2 grated carrot (optional)
1/8 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup organic tomato salsa
Sprinkle of dairy-free grated cheese
More olive oil for brushing on the rolls!
Serve with dairy-free sour cream and guacamole.
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a medium-sized frying pan add olive oil, onion and salt and pepper. Cook for about 7 minutes, to soften onions.
3) Add black beans, chopped red peppers, shredded carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
4) Season with cumin, chili powder and salsa.
5) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Warm the corn tortillas in the oven for 30-60 seconds. Remove and add about 2 tbsp of vegetable mixture in a straight line and a sprinkle of dairy-free grated cheese and roll tight. Make sure to roll quickly while the corn tortilla is warm as it will start to crack. Spray or brush olive oil on the top of the roll.
6) Bake at 425 degrees for 14 minutes.
Serve with dairy-free sour cream and Guacamole.
Tip: For anyone who does eat chicken these can also be made with shredded chicken and BBQ sauce.