Yummy cookie crumble!
Cookie Crumble Cake
This cake is so moist and delicious! Easy to make recipe.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
(I used 1/2 cup kinnikinnick Pancake and Waffle Mix and 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1to1 Gluten-Free Flour)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
Dash of sea salt or Himalayan salt
1 cup of canned coconut milk
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs*)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks
6 cookies cut in half
3 cookies for crumble
Cut 6 cookies in half.
Mashup your favourite store-bought cookies to use as a cookie crumble.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients then add wet ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix for one minute. Let sit for a couple of minutes.
3. Grease or line 12 large muffin cups or two round cake pans. Then fill half full with cake batter.
4. Cook cupcakes in the oven for about 15-17 minutes and cake for 25 minutes.
5. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a knife to spread vanilla icing on the top of each cupcake.
6. Sprinkle cookie crumble on the top of the icing. Place a little bit of icing along the bottom of the cookie halves to help keep the cookie in place. Then stick the cookie in the middle of the cupcake.
Makes 12 large servings