A great nut-free school snack!
A favourite lunch time snack!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 12 Portions
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
1 cup gluten-free crispy rice cereal
1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
2 tbsp milled flaxseed
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1) In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the maple syrup and coconut oil together. Make sure to continuously stir. Once melted add vanilla and chocolate chips, stir and remove from heat.
2) In a mixing bowl add crispy rice cereal, oats, flaxseed and shredded coconut.
3) Pour dry ingredients from the bowl into the saucepan. Quickly stir until everything is coated in the chocolate mixture.
4) Pour granola mixture into a parchment-lined 9x9 square baking dish. Use a fork to press the mixture firmly into pan.
5) Cover and put in to the fridge for several hours until firm. Then cut into 12 granola bars.
Makes 12 portions.
Store in sealed container, in the fridge.