Make these delicious vanilla cupcakes for your next family birthday!
Add yummy chocolate chips or sprinkles to make confetti cake!
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
Makes 12-15 large cupcakes and 24 mini cupcakes
1/2 cup Becel vegan butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill 1:1 Flour (contains xanthan gum)
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup of Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips or Chunks
3-4 tbsp gluten-free rainbow sprinkles (for confetti cake)
The best sprinkles to use in this cake are the soft long sprinkles or the round flat disk-like sprinkles.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand blender, blend together vegan butter and sugar.
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs. Then add whisked eggs to the butter and sugar mixture, and beat for one minute at medium speed.
4. Next stir in the vanilla and canned coconut milk. Add the gluten-free flour and baking powder, blend for 1 minute.
5. Add in dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks for a vanilla chocolate chunk cake or sprinkles to make a confetti cake!
6. Grease or line a muffin tin and fill each cup 2/3 full with cake batter. You could use a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to scoop equal portions.
7. Bake large cupcakes for 18 minutes and mini cupcakes for about 12-14 minutes, at 350 degrees F.
Try my Homemade Vanilla Icing recipe!
To make an ice cream swirl on top of your cupcake use Wilton 1M tip.
To make the swirl using the Wilton 1M:
Hold your fitted piping bag straight up. Then about an inch away from the center squeeze the icing in the middle creating the center swirl. Then bring the swirl around to the outside of the cupcake and back around to the middle. Building the icing up like ice cream!