So Much Flavor!
This is a fun spin on traditional tacos!
Gluten & Dairy Free
10 gluten-free corn tortillas
2 chicken breast cooked and shredded
1/2 cup lentils (vegetarian option)
1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
1/4 cup cilantro garnish
2 fresh limes
Salsa on the side (optional)
You can either season the chicken or smother in your favourite BBQ sauce.
Chicken Seasoning Ingredients:
1 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Juice of 1/2 lime
1. Lightly spray frying pan with coconut oil or olive oil. Cook chicken on medium heat for 15 minutes. Then cut the chicken in slices. Add chicken seasoning or BBQ sauce. Cover and keep warm. If you are using lentils, once they are cooked, drain water, and add a tbsp of BBQ sauce to them or follow my seasoned lentil recipe.
2. Finely slice the red cabbage, place in a bowl.
3. Finely chop cilantro.
4. Cut 2 limes into quarters.
5. Slice an avocado.
6. If you have a steamer you can bring water to a boil and put the corn tortillas in for one minute to soften.
7. Its time to put your wraps together! Take a warm tortillas and put chicken or lentils along the middle. Then put some red cabbage, avocado and cilantro on the chicken. Top with juice from a fresh lime.