This doubly chocolate cake is moist and delicious!
Easy to make recipe! Great for birthday parties or potlucks.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
15 large cupcakes or a 2-layer cake
2 cups of gluten-free flour blend
(I used 1/2 cup kinnikinnick Pancake and Waffle Mix and 1 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill 1to1 Gluten-Free Flour)
1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp baking powder (unless in flour)
1 tsp baking soda
Dash of Himalayan salt
1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (refrigerated coconut milk or canned)
1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil
1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 eggs (or 2 flax eggs*)
1 tsp gluten-free vanilla
1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks or Mini Chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients. Using a hand mixer, mix for one minute. Add chocolate chunks and mix.
3. Grease or line 15 muffin cups or to make a two-layer cake grease two 8 inch cake pans.
4. Bake cupcakes in the oven for approximately 17 minutes or bake a two-layer cake for approx. 20 minutes.
5. Let cupcakes cool before putting the icing on top. Then top with your favourite sprinkles.
Try this Homemade Vegan Chocolate Icing Recipe
Makes 15 large cupcakes or a cake.