Game Night Nachos
This is a fun family ritual we do while watching a sports game! These loaded nachos are so flavourful and full of protein.
~ Gluten & Dairy Free ~
1 bag of low sodium tortilla chips
1 jar of organic gluten-free salsa
4 tbsp of canned corn niblets
4 tbsp canned organic black beans
4 tbsp canned lentils
1 cup red pepper, chopped small
1 onion, chopped small
1 avocado, sliced
1/4 head of lettuce sliced fine
Sour Cream (optional)
Dairy-free shredded cheese
1 chicken breast, shredded (optional)
8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Dash of black pepper
Dash of olive oil
Optional: 1/2 tsp of dried oregano or cumin or chipotle seasoning.
1) Line four 8x8 square baking pans, with parchment paper.
2) Divide tortilla chips into the four pans.
3) Then saute red pepper and onion in olive oil, black pepper and 1/2 tsp of oregano (or spice of your choice). Once cooked divide amongst the nacho dishes.
4) Rinse canned beans, lentils and corn. Sprinkle an equal amount of black beans, lentils and corn on each of the servings of tortilla chips.
5) Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters and divide onto 4 dishes.
6) Smother nachos in salsa and dairy-free cheese.
7) Broil for 2 minutes. Top each nacho dish with shredded lettuce and sour cream. Slice avocado and put a quarter on each plate.